Thursday, August 11, 2011

Perfection

Last Saturday, Scott and I got up and took the twins on a walk to the Farmer's Market, met up with friends, then walked to lunch.  We spent the rest of the weekend running errands with the boys. 

On Monday, I took the twins to my parents, where they had half the town lined up to meet them, and I had a great lunch catching up with friends.  Needless to say, Scott and George were on their best behaviour and won everyone over.  :)

The boys were so exhausted from all the recent activities that on Monday, they slept through the night, from 10p-730a!  They have actually slept through the night for 3 nights now, and it's been amazing to have uninterrupted sleep.

These last few days have been absolutely perfect. The weather has been great, especially today. It was in the 70s this morning, not a cloud in the beautiful blue sky.    I've been able to go on walks every day with Scott and George, and even took them to Target (note to self: do not go to Target the day before some schools are back in session!).  This is exactly how I had imagined all of my maternity leave, with daily walks and weekend trips to the Farmer's Market.  Sadly, Mother Nature had other plans with her summer of 90 degrees temps with a heat index of 115 for the last month.  Hopefully that weather is behind us and I can enjoy the last 3 weeks of my leave exactly the way I imagined!

No comments:

Post a Comment