Friday, December 31, 2010

Anatomy Scan

On Wednesday I had the big anatomy scan, and the babies look perfect!  Heart rates are good, and they are measuring in at 11oz and 12oz - right on target.  Very relieved, although I wasn't really expecting any issues to be noted with the babies.  I was more concerned with my cervix...

The doctor is always very quiet when measuring my cervix, and I swear I hold my breath for 5 minutes during the exam.  I could tell from the ultrasound screen that it didn't look too bad, but of course I'm not an expert (although I should be with as many ultrasounds I've had).   Then she started asking me about my recent activity level, and of course with the holidays I had been a bit more active between shopping and parties and everything...so I started babbling about how I always make sure to rest and not shop longer than 2 hours at a time without sitting down, etc.  And in the end, my cervix was fine - hovering around 4 cm, not much change from 2 weeks ago.  WHEW!   

No comments:

Post a Comment