Thursday, December 9, 2010

Tis the Season....

....for progesterone shots!! Yes, last Thursday at 16 weeks I began a weekly progesterone shot.  It's a different formulation of progesterone than what I had daily during the first trimester after IVF.  This progesterone is to help prevent preterm labor (PTL). The first shot was not so pleasant....I had an adverse reaction (ha ha - a little work lingo) of itching, swelling, and redness at the injection site, and it seemed to last for days!  So far so good today with the second shot though - Nurse Scott must have gotten his groove back with the needle.  Thank goodness he can administer the shots (and he's pretty good at it too!) - some people have to go into the doctor's office weekly to get these (and pay to have them administered, on top of the price of the medication). 

I can't believe I'm 17 weeks pregnant today - time is literally flying by.  And to top it off - Scott and I both felt at least one of the babies move last night!  It really is an amazing feeling.  It's still early so we may not feel them move again for days or a couple of weeks, but I love having the reassurance that the babies are still alive and kickin', especially since I didn't have a doctor's appointment this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment