Saturday, March 19, 2011

It's Official

Yesterday was my last day of work!  When I went in for my appointment this week, the doctor took one look at me and her diagnosis was "miserable".  Yep, pretty much.  I've gained 5 lbs in 2 weeks, I waddle, I'm swelling, I have hip pain, I sleep maybe 2 hours at a time....that equals miserable to me!

I never thought I'd make 31 weeks without being on bed rest, or even in the hospital, so I really can't complain that I'm still somewhat functional for short periods of time.  Part of me feels guilty for being off work; I feel like I should suck it up and at least work through the end of the month.  But the other part of me feels like I've been through enough, and I could use the next couple of weeks before delivery to catch up on some rest, read baby books, and finish organizing the nursery.  And watch lots of basketball - GO CATS!

1 comment:

  1. This was a smart decission! Please rest and enjoy the preparations for the arrival of your babies. No need for guilt trips! A job is just a job; what you're in for it's much, much, much more important!
    I was glad to see the announcement that you're off to maternity leave - I know it's complicated from other points of view, but you really need to focus on getting through this last part of the pregnancy and, as you've found the strenght to move on after last year's events, I am sure you'll manage the smaller setback of not working a bit longer. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Scott, the bravest epople I've known.

    Now take GOOD care of you and the little ones:)

    My best wishes,

    Lumi

    ReplyDelete