Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Almost 33 Weeks!

Last Thursday was a big milestone - 32 weeks!    Had yet another great doctor appointment last week.  Baby A was weighing in at 3 lbs 15 oz and Baby B was weighing 4 lbs 7 oz.  WOW!  That's 8 1/2 lbs of baby in my belly - the size of many full term pregnancies.  My high risk doctor was very pleased with my progress and is estimating that I'll deliver around 35 weeks.

Yesterday I saw my regular OB, who was also pleased with my progress.  Apparently she and the high risk OB were texting about me last week - which makes me feel really good.  I love the communication betweeen the two offices.  These doctors truly care about the outcome of our situation and have done everything in their power to make sure we have an uneventful, healthy, as close to full term pregnancy as possible. 

I also had another ultrasound yesterday for a biophysical profile (BPP), which will be done weekly until I deliver.  The BPP checks the level of amniotic fluid, makes sure the babies reflexes are good (moving arms and legs, fingers and toes), and checks that the diaphragm is moving in preparation for breathing outside of the womb.  All looked perfect!  I just need to make it through one more week - to 34 weeks - and then the doctors won't try to stop labor. At any rate, these babies will be here in less than 5 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment