Thursday, May 19, 2011

Due Date

Although my pregnancy would have never made it this far, today is my actual due date!  I can't believe I'm going to post these pics (because I threatened my husband within an inch of his life if he ever showed anyone)....but I just want to share that I was justified in all my misery the last few weeks before I delivered!

This is me the week before delivery - 35 weeks pregnant:

Can't you tell how happy I was?  Those were the only pants I could fit into the last few weeks, and by the end they really didn't fit either.  Flip flops were the only shoes I could put on my feet.  As large as I was, I never saw any stretch marks on my belly until AFTER delivery.  There are more stretch marks on George's side of my stomach than on Scott's - my stomach did tend to pop out more on his side, and George was the larger baby.  I'm hoping they go away, but I know those chances are slim.

These are my swollen legs in L&D Triage, an hour or so before delivery:
I had no ankles and no knees, and I was swollen up to mid-thigh.  I couldn't bend down to pick up any dropped items; I needed help putting on clothes; getting in and out of bed was a struggle and getting in and out of the car was  unbearable. Walking was unimaginable - just getting from the car to the doctor's office brought me to tears.  The swelling was the most painful part of the entire pregnancy (c-section included).  Thankfully, about 2 weeks after delivery all swelling had gone away (except for my hands - my wedding rings are still a little tight).

But, these 3 week old precious angels were worth every minute!

1 comment:

  1. like to suck her tits and eat her pussy.

    ReplyDelete