Monday, May 9, 2011

Introducing the Boehnlein Twins!

Sorry I'm a bit behind on the update, but I've been busy playing Mom to the two cutest babies!  :)  On Easter Sunday, I was miserable and developed a headache, which prompted me to go to the doctor the following Monday.  I was sent to L&D triage for a work up and 4 hours later  at 36 weeks and 4 days pregnant delivered Scott and George!

(Right) Scott Joseph Boehnlein III - born April 25, 2011 @ 3:41pm - 5 lbs 8 oz and 19 inches long
(Left)  George William Boehnlein - born April 25, 2011 @ 3:42pm - 6 lbs, 7 oz and 18 inches long

Scott was perfectly healthy and spent most of his hospital time in my room.  George had some minor breathing problems due to swallowing fluid and spent the first night in the NICU.  He then was sent to CCN for a week to learn how to breathe and feed at the same time.  He finally joined us at home when he was one week old. 

The babies are two weeks old today, and Mom and Dad are loving life.  They are on a 4 hour feeding schedule, which allows us time to get some things done around the house between feedings (like washing bottles and baby clothes!), and we also get about 2.5 hours of uninterrupted sleep between feedings at night.  Scott and I could not be happier!  More pictures and blogs to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment