Tuesday, July 5, 2011

"Spider"

Last night I walked into the bathroom to put away a few items.  I did not turn the light on, as there was enough daylight left coming in through the window to complete my task.  My eyes fixated on a black and brown spider, about the size of a quarter (well, at least a nickel) on the floor underneath the window.  It looked almost furry.

I yelled for Scott as I slowly backed out of the bathroom, my eyes never leaving the spider.  For those that don't know me personally, I am absolutely terrified of spiders - big or small, furry, jumpy, alive or dead.  I have been known to call my parents (who lived 2 hours away at the time) to "come over" and kill a spider (they didn't).  Anyone that's ever lived with me knows the sound of my voice when a spider is present.  I will stand and watch a spider's every move until said roommate/parent/husband apears to kill the evil arachnid.

Scott ran to my defense and flipped on the bathroom light.  He approached the spider and swatted at it.  It didn't move.  Thinking it was dead, Scott moved closer to pick it up but stopped short and then looked at me like I was crazy.

The "spider" wasn't a spider at all.  It was one of my hair clips. 

Scott followed me around the house the rest of the night, randomly placing hair clips on the floor to scare me when I wasn't expecting it.  He's so not funny.

Clearly, I need to get more sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment