Thursday, July 28, 2011

Hangin' Tough

Last Sunday night I had my first night away from the twins.  My friend Leslie asked me to go to the NKOTBSB concert in Columbus, and I decided to be spontaneous and accept the invite. 

Now, I was never a NKOTB or a BSB fan when they were popular the first time around, but I'd heard they put on a great show, and a night out with some girls was just what I needed.  I just didn't know it was going to be such a nightmare getting there!

Leslie and I were meeting the rest of the crew off an exit about halfway between Cincinnati and Columbus.  We got into another car with two of our old college roommates, Natalie and Shannon.  About 15 miles outside of Columbus, Natalie's car started to overheat.  We stopped off a shady exit to wait for the engine to cool down.  Thirty minutes later we thought we could at least make it to the next exit, but we were wrong.  We ended up spending a couple of hours on the side of I-71 waiting for AAA to tow the car.  In 100+ degree heat.  With no air conditioning.  Thankfully there was another car with us, so we all piled in and made our way to Columbus once Natalie's car was dropped off at a repair shop. 

Even though we missed our afternoon of shopping, dinner and drinks before the show, we still had a blast.  It was so much fun catching up with old friends and even though I was exhausted the next day, it was so worth it!
Me, Natalie, and Leslie at the concert (and Leslie's original 1989 t-shirt!)

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    I am from AAA National Member Relations. I apologize for negative experience you had while waiting for AAA emergency road service. If you would allow me the opportunity to lodge a formal concern with the AAA Club, I would very much appreciate the chance to restore your faith and trust in AAA. If you could please provide me with your membership number, I will look into this right away. Thank you!
    Sincerely,
    Justin S.
    Please email to: memberrelations@national.aaa.com

    ReplyDelete