Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Decorating

On Sunday, we put up the tree and decorated the house a bit for Christmas.  I did fine until I started unwrapping ornaments for the tree.  With the first box of ornaments, I started crying, realizing that we would never get to see clothespin reindeer or glittery pine cones, decorated and hand made with love by our twins.  I would never get to buy them each an ornament for every year, so when they grew up they would have enough ornaments to decorate their own tree.  

With the second box of ornaments, I found two that had been in our stockings last year - a pregnant bear for the mommy to be with my name, and a box of cigars for the father to be for Scott.  I had completely forgotten about these, and needless to say this started another round of waterworks. 

Somehow we managed to get the house as decorated as it is going to be this year, and I'm glad we did.  It's sad knowing that there won't be gifts from Santa to the twins under the tree on Christmas morning.  But, I am pregnant (and showing!), and this fact is helping me get through the holidays, knowing that I have two more precious babies to meet next April.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Liz...praying for you always...I can't imagine how hard this holiday season is for you all...thanks for keeping us updated on your progress with this pregnancy...love you!
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete