Wednesday, June 29, 2011

2 Month Check Up

Scott and George went for their 2 month check up today!  Here are their stats:

Scott
  • weight: 11 lbs 10.4 oz (50th percentile)
  • length: 23 inches (50th percentile)
George
  • weight: 12 lbs 1.6 oz (60th percentile)
  • length: 22 1/4 inches (25th percentile)
Both babies have gained around 3 lbs in the past month!  They also had DTaP, polio, Hib, and Rotateq shots.  Everything was going well, until the 4pm feeding.....

The noon feeding was about an hour late due to the doctors appointment, so I figured I had plenty of time to feed George before Scott woke up at the 4pm feeding.  I woke George up a little after 4pm, and about 5 minutes into the feeding he started crying so hard he wouldn't take his bottle.  Then 5 minutes later, Scott woke up screaming - he had a huge diaper blowout.  So I sat George in the bouncy seat while I changed Scott.  I then tried to feed George in the bouncy seat, while feeding Scott on my lap.  Neither baby would cooperate, so I had to rotate back and forth.  Whichever baby was not being fed was screaming and crying.  The baby that was being fed was also usually crying.  This went on for over an hour!  I somehow managed for each baby to drink about a half a bottle.  Scott eventually fell asleep while waiting for his next turn, and I managed to calm George down enough to lay down again.  I'm sure this is just a temporary side effect from the shots and being a little off their feeding schedule, but their dad better make it home for the next feeding at 8pm!  Until then, I think it's mom's turn to drink a bottle!  :)

George and Scott in happier times (aka - yesterday) 

No comments:

Post a Comment