Friday, June 17, 2011

Weight Watchers

Ugh....Scott and I started WW last Monday.  We're using the old points system because I'm too cheap to shell out the money for all the new stuff, and because who knows how long we'll actually follow the program.  Mainly, we need to re-learn portion sizes and make healthier choices.  After two years of eating how much I want of whatever I want and whenever I wanted it, and not being able to exercise on top of it....yeah, my body needs some work.

Well, let's just say that the first week of WW hasn't started off so great.  It doesn't help that Scott gets 16 more points per day than I do, so on Monday I see him eating dessert while I have no points left to consume. 

On Tuesday, we had already planned to go out to dinner with friends at our favorite restaurant, Pat's Steak House. Since I was pregnant the last time I ate there, I just HAD to indulge in a medium rare (instead of well done) steak; their famous bleu cheese dressing; lima beans dripping in butter; and of course, wine.  I basically starved myself all day so I could use all my daily points, and I'm sure I used all of the 35 extra points that I get per week. 

I was back on track Wednesday, but Thursday it really went downhill.  I bought Scott a Butter Kuchen as part of his Father's Day gift.  It's a dessert he grew up having and talks about all the time.  So we each had a piece.  Shortly thereafter, our friends showed up with a Coconut Creme Pie from the Smokey Valley Truck Stop in Olive Hill, KY - made world famous on the Food Network by Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  And it was fabulous!  So now that these two treats are in my house, I can't let them go to waste...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment