Wednesday, June 1, 2011

All Clear!

Finally!  After months of almost weekly doctors appointments, I've been given the "all clear" - no restrictions!  I don't have to go back to the doctor for a year. I'm free to eat what I want, drink what I want, and exercise all I want.  Although, as much as I would love to jump back into spin class, a walk around the neighborhood is enough to wipe me out, so I'd better start out slow.

The babies were 5 weeks old on Monday, and the doctor was very impressed at their one month check up last week.  Scott now weighs 8 lb 6 oz and George is just over 9 lbs.  They are going through a growth spurt, waking up halfway between feedings and begging for more formula.  They are also starting to outgrow some of the newborn size clothing.  It's amazing how much they really do change from day to day. 

Scott and I took the twins on their first outing the other day - the mall.  Although they aren't supposed to be around crowds until they are 2 months old, we figured it's an outdoor mall, and we were only going into 2 stores...we'd be quick, so no harm done, right?  Right.  That is, until I tried to maneuver the kids and the double stroller back into the Explorer while Scott paid for his new sunglasses.  Let me just say that the people in the parking lot got a free show of a new mom trying to fold a double stroller that's as tall as she is and hoist it into the back of the SUV.  It was a full 5 minutes of me trying to figure out how to fold the stroller, and at least 5 more minutes of me trying to shove it into the SUV.  In 90+ degree heat.  Very comical (at least to others, not so much to me)!  And Scott still had to help me when he got to the car. Getting out and about with twins (especially by myself) is going to be a challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment