Tuesday, February 15, 2011

26 Weeks 5 Days

Today I am 26 weeks and 5 days pregnant - the timepoint when I delivered Scott and George in my last pregnancy, exactly 11 months ago today.  It's a very bittersweet day....I'm extremely thankful that I've made it this far in my current pregnancy with no major issues, but of course I wish things had turned out differently last time. 

There was no way we could have predicted what happened, and I know that the babies received the best care from their doctors and everything possible was done to save them.  None of my doctors were happy when I became pregnant with twins again, but I am going to prove them all wrong in the end.
Many precautions have been put in place this pregnancy, from the cerclage, procardia, progesterone shots, and resting as much as possible.  We'll never really know if these precautions have helped get me this far - the studies have only been done in single births, not multiples; since my cervix hasn't shortened at this point some may argue that the cerclage was not necessary; procardia doesn't actually stop contractions but lessens the symptoms....but I trust that my doctors are doing everything in their power to make me comfortable with this pregnancy, and believe in the fact that I will deliver two healthy babies, as close to term as possible

Tomorrow will be a strange day, a time point further along than what I achieved in my previous pregnancy.  But it's one step closer to 27 weeks and beyond, and for that I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment