Thursday, April 7, 2011

Big Milestone

Big milestone today - 34 weeks!  From the start of this pregnancy, 34 weeks was my personal goal, and I'm so happy I've made it! 

I only weigh myself on appointment days, and I DREAD getting on the scale.  Although embarrassed to admit, I've gained 45 lbs (and still hopefully have a couple of weeks to go).  I keep telling myself that well over 10 lbs of that is babies, and a good bit of that is also from swelling.  That made me feel a little better.  Kind of.  Until I told Scott my actual weight.  And he said out loud what I had already thought in my head - I weigh as much as he did when I first met him in his triathlon prime, 8 years ago.  Talk about devastating!  I will never see a bathing suit this summer.

Everything went well at the doctor.  Typically your stomach measures as many weeks as you are pregnant, with twins a few weeks ahead.  I'm measuring 42 weeks - past due no matter how many babies you are carrying!  Everything is still going well, both babies head down and looking great!  Back to the doctor on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment