Friday, April 1, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Well Meaning People (and some Idiots)

It's hard enough being pregnant with twins, swollen, and miserable....but add on comments (from friends, family, and perfect strangers) like these and who needs enemies?

  1. "You are as big as a barn!" - from my youngest niece, apparently quoting what her mother (my sister) had told her (I think in fun, at least I hope!) - I was about 30 weeks along.
  2. "You look like you swallowed a basketball!" - this was from a family friend when I was around 31 weeks.  I guess I can't be too upset when my doctor said the same thing a few days later.
  3. "You're about to pop!" - from the cashier at TJ Maxx, approximately 32 weeks along.  No, actually I'm having twins and have about 6 weeks left.  She then proceeded to tell me that I frequent TJ Maxx and we've had many discussions about my pregnancy.  Um, no.  I do love TJ Maxx but have been there maybe twice since Christmas, and I can assure you that I haven't discussed my pregnancy in detail with you lady.
  4. "She's about to pop!" - for the second time, approximately 33 weeks.  This time, I overheard the comment said by a table full of nurses as I left Chick-fil-A at lunch.  Hello - I'm pregnant, not deaf - I can still hear!
  5. "When are you due - not soon enough?" - from the random man in the vet's office, same day as comment #4.  Ha ha, you are hilarious, but I'm not laughing.
  6.  
I'm sure the comments will become more frequent (and probably worse) as I progress these last few weeks, so stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment