Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Post Op Follow Up

Went in this morning for my cerclage post-op follow up.  My cervix and cerclage are picture perfect - literally, the doctor took an ultrasound picture of it to use as a reference.  :)  It's great to know that the procedure was a success, but I know it's still not a guarantee that my cervix won't start funneling down the road.  Since my problems didn't start until 23 weeks, and I'm only 14 weeks as of tomorrow, I know I've got awhile before I gain enough weight to start putting major pressure on my cervix.  But for now, everything is going great!

As a bonus we also had an ultrasound and got to see those precious babies wriggling around.  They are movers and shakers!  Amniotic fluid amount was good, and there was fluid in the bladder and stomach, so it appears the digestive and urinary tracts are working properly.  We didn't get to measure to see how much they've grown, but will at the next appointment on Dec 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment